Sunday, January 29, 2006

Instant Karma, Baby

I should have known better. After all, this is the land that released Karma 1.0. So I'm in a car driving from the hotel to the hospital. As always, there are auto-rickshaws everywhere. I couldn't help but think to myself that 'there is no way in hell I'm getting in one of those'. Well, 15 minutes later I'm in an an auto-rickshaw heading to the hospital. What happened?

I learned three things -
1. There are actually two Apollo Hospitals - the main and the specialty hospital. If one simply says 'take me to the Apollo Hospital' you will end up at the main hospital. No problem if that's actually where you should be. If, as in my case, you want to be going to the specialty hospital then there is a problem.
2. To get from the main to the specialty hospital there is one convenient mode of transportation, the auto-rickshaw.
3. The rickshaw isn't as bad as I thought (although I'll keep my rickshaw wanderings to a minimum).


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete,

You're learning the lesson of Karma so young - is there no justice?

Is the auto rickshaw like the person drawn richshaw only with a car in the place where the horse or person would be?

It reminds me of the time we went to the Expo in Vancouver - part of the thrill was trying all the modes of transportation. Of course, there were four of us to keep track of each other. ;-)

How many other choices of transportation do you have?

Take care,

Ellen

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home