Friday, February 10, 2006

Sunrise over the Indian Ocean

One of the highlights for me was getting up early enough on the day I was leaving to see the sunrise.

If you look closely, about a 1/3 of the way up and a 1/3 of the way from the right, you'll see a dot. That dot is actually a fisherman. They were just starting to take out their boats for the day.

After the sunrise I took a walk up the coast.
I walked about 1/2 mile up the beach and found this abandoned village. My assumption is that this village was destroyed in the Tsunami but I never did confirm that. You can see a utility pole in the foreground.

If you look closely in the middle you can see a well camouflaged little crab. These guys were all over the beach. At sunset the beach came alive with them, as they scurried to and from their burrow, depositing dirt in an organized pile about 5-10 inches from their hole. (Apparently they were adding a nice addition to their burrow).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil,

I'm back in business - I was having trouble with my Internet connection or network connection or cable connection or something. That wonderful technology!

Thanks for the wonderful photos - I love sunrises and sunsets!

Are the Olympics drawing attention over there? I didn't watch the entire parade of nations to see if India had a team. Many countries don't have winter olympics teams, but even some countries that don't seem like they would have a team have sent one or two people.

Have a great day!

Ellen

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just heard on NPR that an Indian public television network will beam four channels to the US via satellite. These channels will be aimed at Indians living in the good ol' US, with a focus on information of particular import to the expats. What do you suppose that information will be? Changes to the tax laws? Updates on Kashmir? Announcements of more Indian IPOs? The world is indeed flat!

Ken

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home